Monday, May 14, 2007

5 down, too many to go

Feel like my blogs are going to be like the saying...

Same Song,
Different Verse
A little bit louder
A little bit worse!

Had infusion # 5 on Tuesday. This time Tami came with me. We had gone to get my wig cut before my appointment. Donald did a great job, but the wig is just not for me. Looks like I have an animal on top of my head. So the search for a decent wig is still on.

Wednesday morning I actually felt really good. Went out and did some yard work. By afternoon I was tired, and the next 2 days I was pretty wiped out.

Lindsey and Jason home for the weekend. Tim showed up with a shaved head. We were both in the kitchen and I was up on a step stool when Lindsey came in, and did a double take. Tim does have the radiation tattoo on the back of his head though. Mom brought lots of food over all by herself (walking on the ferry) while Dad stayed home with a cold he didn't want to share. We missed you Dad. Went up to Rosario to celebrate Tami's birthday with cake and strawberries. In the evening we dug for clams (Lindsey's senior project). First 3 holes we found nothing. I picked the next spot and there were a ton of them. Lindsey should have enough data now.

On Sunday John put Tim to work on the pond and they got a lot done. John really enjoyed having someone to play with him in the pond.

I think that is all for now. I have had a couple of "chemo brain" moments, so I may have forgotten something. If I have, hopefully I'll remember it next time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gave the clams to Kirt; he was thrilled. He said his octopuses can eat now until Rosario, and he doesn't have to buy any more clams. He did have to bring in a much larger tank to put them in however! I told him if he needs more I know where to get them :D

Anonymous said...

Hello Teri, Guess the kids should always take you clam hunting! I just found your blog so will try this out, being a novice it may or may not work right. Your pictures are amazing, I was struck not by the lack of hair, but by the expression of your eyes and face and the love of life and family there written there. You are in our thoughts and prayers daily. Much love, Lori J.

Anonymous said...

Brian and I think of you and John often. Brian thinks the bravest thing you've done is admitting to owning a "flow-be". Your pictures show us a woman who is beautiful inside and out!

Sharon