Monday, May 21, 2007

Half way thru phase one

Another week has past. It hasn't been a great week for me, as on top of everything else, I have a cold. But, as I mentioned in the title, I had infusion #6 on Tuesday, so am half the way done with Adriamycin and Cytoxan. And my doctor said I'm "sailing thru" this. Yeah. Easy for him to say! Maybe I just don't complain enough. :)

Thursday the cold hit me hard, so it was a stay-in-bed-all-day day. May sound good to some of you, but it can get a bit boring. Need to start watching some of those funny movies that Larry and Cindy sent me (Thanks!). Felt better on Friday, even did a little mowing. Sabbath was beautiful so we took a hike out Ebey's bluff and sat and watched as 8 eagles soared overhead. We've had an eagle visit our pond several times lately. The other day he landed in a puddle to take a drink. Shadow (the cat) was out on the porch, and actually slunk down and started stalking the eagle. John grabbed her and brought her inside. Really don't want her to be eagle lunch. Then on Sabbath, the eagle returned, but not finding much of a puddle, flew up into a tree. Now it was Elsie's (the dog) turn. She growled, ran down and chased him off. Goofy animals.

On Sunday Marge and John Sr arrived to help with the pond. The weather chose to welcome them by pouring all afternoon. Fortunately, today was much nicer. They are working very hard and we appreciate their help so much.

Now onto infusion #7.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Terri, Thank you for sending the site link--again! Wow--your beautiful hair had stolen attention from your georgeous face! I was really stunned by how lovely your eyes and smile are! I only wish you felt as good as you look! Half way through...
I enjoyed John's musings--it's all so bewildering, our relationship to our Creator in this dark and bitter (at times) world! It's only the love of God, family and friends that get us through! You are both loved! Meg

Anonymous said...

Hello again,
Reading your eagle stories and your brave cat, "Shadow" brought me to our backyard of nature. We have finch feeders, humming birds, California Bluebird and Mocking Birds to watch...see hawks in the fields scoping their territory...BUT no eagles...only in the beautiful Northwest. Our neighbors cats enjoy walking the fence tops in hopes of~~~that is when I get the garden hose with a full pressure attachment and attempt to soak their furry bodies..
My prayers and love to the both of you as you journey on ...Darlene